In this article, you will learn:
Now you can send/receive text messages from Insuredmine Agency Portal. This feature can be accessed with the smart phone icon from multiple places. Some of the common screens to locate text functionality includes:
- Text Messaging Module from the Navigation Panel
- Dashboard: Client Message Board Widget and Client Active Directory Widget
- Deal card detail (Dealboard via Pipeline Manager) – click on the 3 dots to get the toolbar at the bottom of the deal card or from the Actions screen inside the deal card, on the right.
- Customer 360 profile – From the Accounts module, go to Contacts Segment. Click on the phone number to get the SMS pop up screen
- Events Tab within Account 360
- Accounts Module – via the Action icon
All incoming text messages are available in dashboard notifications as shown below
You can also view all text messaging for every client over a single screen by clicking on View All from the screen above
There is also an option to send an attachment via Text Messages (MMS).
- Text Responses
- When someone replies, the reply will show up their contact record and in your Text Message Inbox if you are the assigned agent.
- You will also be notified via email.
- Texting Numbers
- InsuredMine will try to use your current office number for your text communication. However, if for some reason, that number is not available, you will be able to pick a number and area code of your choice.
- We recommend using just one number per location so clients are not confused. InsuredMine will assign those messages on the backend to the right agents based on client agent association.
- Texting Templates
- Text templates are available in Engagement Module that can be used for message consistency.
- WhatsApp Integration
- The most popular mode of communication is now available on InsuredMine. You can send and receive messages on WhatsApp directly using InsuredMine.
- Text Opt-in/Opt-out
- Contacts can opt-in and out of text messages at any point. This includes all individual and drip text messages.
- Opt-out: Contacts can opt-out of receiving text messages from you at any point by texting you one of the following keywords:
- STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END or QUIT
- Opting out will prevent all future text messages from being delivered to this contact. Opt-out will be marked as a grey bell next to a phone number in the Contact list.
- Opt-in: Contacts can opt-in to receiving text messages from you at any point by texting you one of the following keywords:
- START, YES and UNSTOP
Opting back in will allow text messages to send again.
- START, YES and UNSTOP
The verbiage used above is a CTIA industry standard used by all carriers nationwide.
How to Setup Text Messaging?
Text Messaging feature can only be setup by InsuredMine. Please request this from Support@InsuredMine
Will there be a single number per agency or per agent?
It is recommended to have a single number per agency. However, these are the different scenarios.
- Agency gives a number to get it hosted. InsuredMine checks to make sure that number can be hosted.
- If Yes, then we map the same number for all the agents in that agency.
- If No, We buy a number for you and map it to all the agents and forward all incoming calls to the office number
- Different agents – Different number: In the case where agents may not want to share numbers, we can buy different numbers for each agent and forward calls on the same number to the agency support number.
- Offices in different locations: An agency may have different locations. In this case, we can buy different numbers for different locations and map the same number to all agents within the same location.
- Example: Location Dallas has 3 agents and Austin has 5 agents. We buy two numbers: One for Dallas and one for Austin. We map the first number to the 3 agents in Dallas and the second number to the 5 agents in Austin.
If you limit access to the agents?
If you do not want to give access to any particular agent for text messaging, that be can be done too. Please contact Customer Support at email@example.com