In this article, you will learn:
Use Case: Consider the case where you want to know which marketing medium is working best for you? You just need to check the Deal Report by lead source to find out which lead source is added in most of the contacts … Is it Facebook, Webforms, personal referrals or some other channel? The one with the highest mentions is the best source for your agency.
How to add lead source in Contacts?
Adding lead source for new contact
To add lead source follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to Contacts module and click on Add contact.
- On the Add New Contacts screen, scroll down to find lead source field.
- Select the lead source by clicking an existing source or Click on add a new source.
- When you click on add new source, the Source screen rolls out. Enter a source name (referral name), email address and phone number (if applicable). Click Submit.
Adding Lead Source for an existing contact
To add lead source for an existing contact
- Navigate to the Contacts module.
- Click the ellipse button under the Actions column of the specific contact row.
- Select Edit from the options that appear.
- On the Update contacts screen, scroll to the lead source field and follow steps 3 and 4 mentioned above as for new contacts.
Note: The referral date is by default chosen as the current date of adding lead source, if not specified otherwise at the time of adding the lead source.
The lead source is displayed in the contacts 360 profile of the contact. You can directly send emails or text messages to the source by clicking the email or text message icon respectively.
Lead Source in Pipelines
When a deal is added to an existing contact, the source is pre-populated, reflecting the lead source of the contact.
Deal Report by Lead Source
- The number of deals related to each deal source is displayed in this report.
- The data can be viewed for All deals, lost deals, won deals and In process deals.
- You can save an image or print the chart by clicking on the ellipse (3 dots).
- The deal list for respective sources can be viewed by double-clicking on the individual bar.
- It allows you to filter on the basis of specific time period. Select the date range to view the source analysis chart for any particular period.
The Deal report by lead source in the pipeline deal charts reveals which lead generation channels produced the highest number of new leads. It is also useful to view the source that provided most revenue based on won opportunities.