In this article, you will learn:
This demo video provides you the detailed stepwise process for creating and sending your own Cross Sales automation messages.
Once you are logged into the Agency Portal, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Navigation Panel and click on Engagement.
- Under the Engagement Module, select Automation and click Create.
- You will be taken to a separate page with various options for sending a Happy Birthday message, Referral Request, Client’s Turning 65, Welcome Clients, Thank You, etc.
- As you may recall, all the templates for these options have been created by InsuredMine and have been approved by you.
- One of the most important options you see here is Cross Sales, which has the most direct impact on your agency.
Once you click on Cross Sales campaign option and give it a name that is relevant to the client’s situation. For instance, from the Include Policy Category, select Home. And from the Exclude Policy Category, select Auto. This means that your campaign will be sent out to the clients that have their Home policy with you but do not have their Auto. Similarly, you could pick any option like Commercial Auto, but no GL, etc. Once you pick the criteria that should trigger the message, select the timeframe you want the message to be sent out. For example, let’s select 60 days. This means that the campaign that is set up will go to the clients 60 days before their Homeowners policy is up for renewal.
Designing the workflow
The steps to design workflow are mentioned below:
1. Select the sender phone number and email id in From Number and From Email fields.
2. Select the mode of workflow from Email, SMS, Postcard/letter, Task and Reminder.
3. Select template, you can create customized templates through template builder.
4. Type your message and add relevant tags from the right Tag segment.
5. Click Add new stage on the left to send a series of messages and fill the information you wish to share at each stage.
6. After adding relevant stages, click Next to review the workflow.
7. Click Create.
Based on the criteria for the time of delivery, every day at 10 am, all clients with a Home policy but no Auto policy and that is up for renewal in 60 days will receive the email or text on an automated basis. The flexibility in creating the options for building your logic is endless. This is one of the most powerful tools that you can use to always stay ahead with your client engagement efforts.
This shows your clients that you are thinking about them and will provide an opportunity for them to experience great customer service and at the same time help you create a valuable cross-sale opportunity.
Automation Cross-Sell- And/Or Policy Category
While creating a workflow for cross-sell you can see selected more than one policy categories to include or can put “OR” condition so that if the client has any one of the policy categories selected will get the triggered workflow.
In the create a list section-
Select And/ Or button- And/ Or button is provided to choose the combination of including policies.
- Select the policies from include policy category
- Select the policies from the exclude policy category
For example: If admin/agent chooses to include auto (commercial) and BOP liability and excludes brand miscellaneous and selects “and” option, then this workflow will trigger for those clients who have both auto (commercial) and BOP liability and does not have brand miscellaneous policy.
But here if you choose the “or” option then this workflow will trigger for those clients who have either auto (commercial) or BOP liability and do not have brand miscellaneous policy.
Cross-Sell Automation for specific carriers
While creating workflow automation for cross-sell you can choose to include and exclude policy carriers of their choice so that the workflow can trigger those targeted customers of specific carriers rather than all carriers.
- Select the policy carrier from include policy carrier category
- Select the policy carrier from the exclude policy carrier category
Note: In the policy carrier section, either you can include or exclude policy carrier names, you cannot select both at the same time.
In the include policy carrier, you need to include the policy carriers for which cross-sell workflow will trigger, and in the exclude policy carrier section select those policy carriers for which you don’t want the workflow to trigger.
Agents can poach policies to the clients based on the preferred policy carriers.