InsuredMine Privacy Statement
Click on any of the links below to go straight to one of the following sections:
InsuredMine is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users whose information is collected and stored while using InsuredMine’s Platform through ourWebsite or App.
The capitalized terms have the same meaning as ascribed in our Terms of Service, unless otherwise noted here.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register to use our Website, App, or Platform, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) which may include your name, address, online contact information such as your email address or user name, phone number, and other personal information. The information so collected will be stored on our servers. Users are able to change their personal information via email by contacting us at email@example.com. We collect the following information when you register on our Platform:
- Account Information. When you register to use our Platform or when you create an account, we will collect your PII. We may also collect information that does not personally identify you such as your geolocation.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration on the Platform;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between User and our Platform;
- Through mobile and desktop applications a User downloads from ourPlatform, which provides dedicated non-browser based interaction between the User and Platform;
- From User placing an order, which includes details of transactions User carries out on our Platform;
- When User subscribes to a newsletter;
- From User’s responses to a survey;
- From forms filled out by User; and
- Fromrecords or copies of correspondences (including email addresses) if a User contacts us.
We collectinformation from you automatically when you navigate through our Website in the following ways:
- Usage details;
- IP addresses;
- Information obtained through browser cookies;
- Web beacons on our Website;
- Web beacons on emails sent by us; and
- Other tracking technologies.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize User experience in using our Platform;
- Provide Users with information, products, or services requested from us;
- Present our Website, App, and their contents to Users;
- Notify Users about changes to ourWebsite, App, or Platform; and
- Send User periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 12, via the email address provided by User to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process orders and send informationand updates pertaining to such orders; (iii) send additional information related to User’s product and/or service; and (iv) market to our mailing list or continue to send email to User after the original transaction has occurred
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
7. DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
- Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, App, and/or Platform.
- Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a data breach, we will notify the User within thirty (30) days via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or App. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
8. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIO
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our Users that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- We disclose personal information to contractors, services providers, and other third parties.
- We require all contractors, service providers, and other third parties to whom we disclose Users’ personal information to be under contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- We will disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
- We disclose personal information to third parties to market their products and services if Users have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We disclose personal information to fulfill the purpose for which the User provided it, for instance, if the User gave InsuredMine an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Platform.
- We disclose personal information for any other purpose for which the User provided it.
Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
a. We will disclose personal information (i) to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, (ii) if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of InsuredMine, our customers or others, and/or (iii) if it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of InsuredMine, our customers, or others, and this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices Users Have About How InsuredMine Uses and Discloses Information.
- Disclosure of Users’ Information for Third-Party Advertising.Users can opt-out (i) by checking the relevant form when we collect the data; or (ii) by emailing us their request at firstname.lastname@example.org.Users receiving promotional email can opt-out by sending a return email requesting to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out will not apply to information provided by InsuredMine for product purchases, warranty registration, or other transactions.
- Disclosure of User’s Information for Targeted Advertising. Users can opt-out by emailing us their request at email@example.com.
9. GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
InsuredMinedoes not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information”as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h).Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website, App, or Platform that are Californiaresidents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of theirPersonal Information to third partiesfor their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of personal information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at InsuredMine Inc., 1900 Jay Ell Drive, Richardson, Texas 75081.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or write us at InsuredMine Inc., 1900 Jay Ell Drive, Richardson, Texas 75081.
11. COPPA COMPLIANCE (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 USERS ONLY)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is a federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store personal information from children under the age of 13. InsuredMine is committed to ensure compliance with COPPA. InsuredMine’s Website, App, and Platform are not meant for use by children under the age of 13. Our Website does not target children under the age of 13, but we do not age-screen or otherwise prevent the collection, use, and personal disclosure of persons identified as under 13. If you would like to know more about our practices and specifically our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE, APP, AND PLATFORM.
12. CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of InsuredMine Inc., which is 1900 Jay Ell Drive, Richardson, Texas 75081;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option
13. TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
If you have any questions regarding this Section, please email us at email@example.com.
15. LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
InsuredMineuses the following third-party service providers for the provision of services as detailed under the Terms of Service.
|Name of Third-Party Service Provider||Contact Information|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc. (US)|
Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
Address: 944 Market St., San Francisco, CA, 94102
Address: 510 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Address: 375 Beale Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website, App, or Platformthat you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
InsuredMine’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Sneha Bhagat, email@example.com, at InsuredMine Inc., Attn: DMCA Notice, 1900 Jay Ell Drive, Richardson, Texas 75081.You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section.Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by InsuredMinein connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
17. CONTACT US.
- Privacy Officer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org